Saturday, April 13, 2013

Filling a piping bag with pancake batter dispenser.

Note: I am not paid to endorse this product this is just an opinion and offering a tip on another way to use it. 


Last year, I purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond this with one of my 20% off coupons I receive in the mail from them.

Chicago Metallic Batter Dispenser - 4-Cup Capacity



My intention was not to purchase it for pancake batter (hub makes those as I am an "impatient baker").  The intent was for using this item for pouring cake patter into the cake pops machine I had gotten.  It works great for that except the back row of the machine.

Fast forward to a birthday and my daughter wanted a home made cake this year. So I put on my 'be patient for this one time hat' and made  a cake. Wished I had taken pics of it I did the following zebra cake for her (inside turned awesome!!)  from pinterest. (Thanks for pinning this chickabug it made my daughter's day)



Now on to the tip.

For the frosting the cake, I cheated and use a pre-made ones, but I still was decorating the cake with pipping bags to decorate the edge of the cake. So I turned to the pancake batter dispenser to fill the pipping bag.  

You will need:
  1. A long cup for the depth of pipping bag and how much frosting will be poured on it. (For me: its the blue one in the back of the pic - pipping bag is clear)
  2. Dispenser
  3. Frosting. I had to mix color into the white frosting (So additional kitchen items used).



Steps
  1. Fill dispenser



   2. Place dispenser on top of cup with pipping bag and pour into it.




Why dirty an extra dish for that? Because I got NO frosting on my hands and it made it mess free (seriously)!  

Maybe not the most exciting tip, but for me filling those pipping bags are messy  when twisting them shut before using. This kept the top clean and no frosting coming out of the top when using. BONUS.

Hope you have a great day.


No comments: